Included In Each session
Each photo session includes two versions of all of your edited, high resolution, non-copyrighted pictures via digital download. One version is in normal color. The second version has special effects like film, black & White & many more effects. Each session also includes an online picture gallery you can share with your friends and family.
How does the payment work?
The deposit amount to book the date is 50% of your total package price. The remaining balance is due 1 week prior to your wedding day. I accept cash and all major credit cards.
Can we split up the hours on our wedding day?
Yes! You can split the hours in up to 2 different locations on your wedding day. I do not charge for the time it takes to drive to and from each location.
Who owns the copyrights to the pictures I take?
We both do, so you can print your pictures anywhere you like. I do not put watermarks on the pictures I give my clients.
How many pictures do we get from the wedding?
The average clients get more than 120 pictures per hour of coverage. I do not set limits on how many pictures I take or give to you.
How long will it take to get out pictures back?
I do this job full time, so Engagements & Bridals & Weddings take at most 7 days to get back, sometimes sooner.
Are there any travel fees?
I do not charge any travel fees for weddings within 100 miles of Utah county. If your wedding is outside that range, please call me so I can give you an estimate.
How I Edit Your Pictures
What you see on this website are just a few of the pictures my clients received. These are not just a few of the best pictures I have taken, rather just a small sample of the thousands I have taken. I want you to be happy, and I'm not happy until you are.
How do I do it? Most people don't know that hours of work are spent processing your pictures after the wedding. And the techniques used are just as important as the ones used to shoot your wedding. First, I go through and delete and pictures that are so close to being identical that you would probably not be able to tell them apart. I also delete any pictures you might think are embarrassing, or generally not good. (yes, we have all taken a few of those, even as a professional)
Next, I use a variety of special programs to do basic editing like Contrast, Color Balance, Brightness, and Sharpness. For close-ups I edit skin blemishes, redness, scars or anything else you may not want. I promise I wont make your pictures look fake, or unnatural, just really nicely touched up. You can also let me know in advance of any special requests and I will get them done.
In addition to the edits listed above, you will also receive a separate folder of selected images with special effects like Vintage, Black & White and other Color Enhancements. But don't worry, all of your original images will be in color. On average my clients get well over 120 pictures per hour of coverage. And after the wedding, if there are other images you would like special editing done to, or if there is anything you would like changed, you can just give me a call.
Temple Wedding Tips
Temple Weddings are beautiful no matter what time of year they occur. It takes at least 1 hour past your sealing time to come out of the doors, and sometimes later depending on the time of year. So if your sealing time is 2:00pm, my official start time will be 3:00pm, but I will arrive prior to that just in case you get out early. Just a few tips to make your photography experience perfect.
1. I always get a large group picture and many different combinations of friends and family pictures on the wedding day. Make sure you tell me or give me a list if you have special groups of people you would like us to take pictures of.
2. If there are any family members who were not at the temple, please let me know so we can get pictures of them at the reception.
3. Dress for the weather! If its summer, have a family member bring some water. If its winter, have a family member bring a warm coat. I have seen brides in the dead of winter without a coat and it breaks my heart to see their teeth chattering. And if you get to cold, or hot, let me know right away!
Bridal and Engagement Session Tips
Bridal and Engagement sessions are fun, and shot in a relaxed environment. I want you to have an experience you will tell your friends about! The sessions run about an hour long. but depending on the location they may go over. I have many different locations to choose from, including city landscapes, desert, country, forest, and much more. I have shot sessions from Northern to Southern Utah and everywhere else in-between.
The following is a list of things we recommend to do to be ready for your shoot.
1. Bringing a friend or family member along to help out. This is by no means a requirement as we will help you along with the process, but it is always nice to have a friend at the shoot to help out.
2. It is a good idea to come dressed to the shoot as there may not be a place to change at the location you chooses.
3. Be sure to arrive about 10 minutes early and plan ahead regarding traffic.
4. Wear comfortable shoes and bring any formal shoes you have with you.
5. Props can add a lot to a bridal shoot. For instance, balloons, musical instruments, a favorite chair, umbrellas, ballet shoes, etc. are all great additions to a shoot. But again, none of this is required to get great pictures.
6. Check in about 2 hours prior to your shoot about weather conditions. If it looks like it is going to rain, we may need to reschedule. The old saying in Utah is if you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes. It really can change for the better or worse in that shot of time, and I would rather re-schedule for a day that will be perfect for you and for the pictures.